If you have a family to make breakfast for, you might want to consider buying a toaster that can deal with 4 slices of bread at a time. You can quickly make mountains of toast for the family during the pre-school or pre-work morning rush.
I have spent some time researching the different types and makes of red 4 slice toasters there are plenty to choose from. Below are 6 of my favorites. If you are looking for a toaster that is good value then consider the Cuisinart as it is good value currently under $70, this toaster has a handy 6 settings including bagel and defrost.
For good looks and functionality you may wish to consider the Dualit 4 Slice Toaster which is at the higher end of the price range. The price is usually around $350.
Toaster Buying Guide
- Decide what features you need, for example if you tend to use bread straight from the freezer you might want to have a defrost facility, or if you eat bagels you might find a toaster with the facility to toast bagels useful.
- Check that the toaster is easily cleaned. It is always useful to have a crumb tray so that the crumbs can be easily removed.
- For a 4 slice toaster look for models that will just toast 2 slices independently.
- One of the most important features to have are browning controls, everyone like there toast browned to a different browness, for example I like my toasts well done.
- Other useful features include a retractable power cord, cancel button and reheat facility.
- Finally 4 slice toasters can be quite large make sure that you have the counter-top space or storage in your kitchen to house it.