Top 3 Best George Foreman Grills
George Foreman came to prominence when he hit the TV screens with his electric grill and the famous catch phrase “lean mean fat grilling machine” the grill was a hit and many millions have been sold over the world. Nowadays the brand has expanded and comes in many different shape and sizes from the George Foreman outdoor grill to the smaller George Foreman Champ Grill. There are quesadilla makers, rotisseries and even an electric multicooker.
George Foreman grills have gained in popularity as people are more concerned about their health and have been looking at ways to cook their foods in a way that will reduce the amount of fat in their diets.
I have been researching the best George Foremen Grills and these are 3 of my top picks……
1. Most Versatile: The George Foreman Grilleration with 5 removable plates.
If you like to grill outdoors you can achieve similar results indoors with the grilleration. Just heat up the grill and stick your meat onto the griddles and drop down the lid and hay presto you have grilled meats in no time. The fat will taken away from the food by the clever design of ridges and grooves.
Pros of the George Foreman Grilleration
- This grill has 5 removable grilling plates, which means you have plenty of choice making in cooking different foods and recipes. It acts like a grill but one can use it in the comfort of your own home.
- The 5 plates plates allow for the following functions, a contact grill, a griddle and a waffle maker. You can also make cook foods like Paninis and grilled sandwiches
- Because the grilling plates can be removed the washing up after grilling is nice and easy, you can either wash by hand or put the grill plates in the dishwasher.
- Ample cooking surfaces, great for entertaining.
- The handles are cool to the touch.
- Ability to control the temperature.
Cons of the George Foreman Grilleration
- You may not need all the different features of the 5 grilling plates. For example you making waffles may not be of any interest to you.
- Some customers had problems with the non-stick surface deteriorating. It seems it is vital that the grilling plates are looked after carefully. You can’t use any metal tools on the surface and the manufacturers instructions should be followed closely when cleaning the grill plates.
“I bought this as a gift for my 84 year old Mother. She loves it and I feel better that she turns the gas stove on a little bit less often. She has cooked salmon, burgers and sandwiches on it with no problems…read more here…“
“Love it !If you have a hot muggy day and don’t want to sweat http://healthsavy.com/product/diflucan/ over an outdoor BBQ. Then this is what you need ! Especially if you’re cooking only for a couple or 3-4 people max….read more here…“
Amazon Rating: 4.0 from over 800 customer reviews
2. Best Budget George Foreman
This is the most basic and simplest of the George Foreman range.
Pros of the George Foreman Champ Grill
- Removes fat from meat as it cooks.
- The grill plate is removable for easy cleaning, and can be cleaned in a dishwasher.
- Perfect for a couple.
- Small enough to store away between use.
Cons of the George Foreman Champ Grill
- As this is the basic model it just does one job, basically grilling meat. I you want from your electric grill to be more versatile then you may need to upgrade to a George Foreman with more features.
- It does not have a floating hinge, which means you can only cook hamburges etc if they are relatively thin.
“1) Cooks 2 hamburgers, chops, FAST and the taste is very good for an indoor grill.
2) Makes 2 grilled cheese sandwiches in just 3 minutes!
3) Cleanup is easy if: You do not pre-heat the grill too long. …read more here“
“This is an excellent grill for making lunch and or dinner for one. It does a nice job with chicken breasts and hamburgers! I had to replace mine when one of my children took it to college….read more here“
Amazon Rating: 4.0 Stars – Over 30 Customer Reviews
3. Best George Foreman Indoor Outdoor Grill
Pros of the Indoor/Outdoor Grill
- Perfect for use for grilling both indoors and outdoors.
- The temperature of the grilling plates are easily controlled.
- Has the capacity to grill foods for up to 13 people.
- Perfect for a those living with just a balcony to use your grill on.
Cons of the Indoor/Outdoor Grill
- If you are a purist BBQ fan and you want to cook like Steven Raichen then this would not be the grill for you. You will miss out on the BBQ flavors produced when you use a grill with charcoal and wood.
- A couple of customers mentioned that it was a bit awkward to remove the grill plate for washing.
“this fits my patio well cooks great and easy to clean. can even use indoors easy to set up love it…read more here“
“Just ordered this since we now live in an apartment and can’t have a gas grill. It’s essentially just a hotplate but works like a true barbeque. It’s size is perfect for a small patio, but it’s large enough to grill enough food for a couple of people…read more here“
Amazon Rating: 4.0
Further Information and Resources
Here are a few videos I found showing casing differnt aspects of using your grill.
PDF of a George Foreman Grill Cookbook http://www.georgeforeman.com.au/recipes/docs/grilling-recipes.pdf