If you are a keen cook then you will be looking for appliances that will help you to prepare meals. A Cuisinart food processor is one of those appliances that you will find you need if you make home made meals from scratch. A food processor will make quick and easy work of the food preparation of chopping, shredding, mixing and mincing. I wouldn’t be without mine that’s for sure.
What can the Cuisinart Processor do?
Shredding and Slicing
The processor is designed to deal with large batches of vegetables, meat, cheese and herbs. For example it can shred a head of cabbage for your coleslaw in about 30 seconds. Unless you have good knife skills (lets be honest few home cooks have the knife skills of a professional chef) finely shredding cabbage is time consuming and a task that requires some skill. The large feed tube means you can put through large chunks of vegetables and fruits, for example the machine can cope with a whole lemon.
The Cuisinart comes with two different mixing blades. A dough blade for bread making and a metal blade. Handy if you are into home made bread making as this machine can cope with kneading enough bread dough to make up 2 x 2lbs of bread.
Chopping and Puree’s
To chop you use the metal blade. The secret is to use the pulse button so that you can control the amount the food is chopped. This is great as a tear free way to chop quantities of onion. This blade will also chop meat to a ground consistency. Keep the blade running and add some liquid and you have a puree. Great for soups and vegetable purees.
Images courtesy of Amazon
Top Features of the Cuisinart Prep Plus Food Processor
- When you buy the Cuisinart Food Processor the machine comes with a spatula, recipe and instruction book, and a DVD.
- A wider that usual mouth feed tube large enough to put in whole pieces of fruits and vegetables and will take a whole potato.
- Large capacity 9 cup shatterproof mixing bowl. A 11cup model is also availble.
- All the parts are dishwasher proof.
- A quick and easy method for changing the mixing blades and discs.
- The Cusinart Processor comes with a set of chopping, shredding and mixing blades. Other blades are available separately.
Pros of the Cusinart Processor
- The motor built is powerful, but it’s also been designed to produce minimal noise.
- An impressive set of limited warranties: 10 years for the motor and 3 years for the other parts.
- Large chute so you don’t have to spend so much time chopping pieces of fruit and vegetables into small chucks before introducing them into the chute. .
Cons of the Cusinart Processor
- The capacity to deal with over 5 cups of liquid is hampered by the design of the inside post which is too low. The liquid can leak out. To overcome this it is recommended that liquids are processed in small batches.
“This thing worked amazingly for me. I used it for every recipe and it made things go so quickly. I could make so many different things and clean up wasn’t as big of a pain as I thought it would be. I have had this for 8 months and couldn’t be happier….read more here“
“This food processor does everything I wanted when I purchased it. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to speed their food prep time….read more here“
Amazon Rating: 4.5 stars out of 5 over 550 reviews.
The Cuisinart 9-Cup Food Processor is for the keen cook that like to make home meals form scratch. The processor will help you to prepare and process your meals. The fact the machine can cope with large amounts of bread dough is impressive and will save you the hard work of kneading dough.
If you are an occasional cook that might just want to chop some vegetable I would recommend the Cuisinart Mini-Prep Processor, Red
Resources and Further Reading
Video made by Cuisinart with goers over the features of the Cuisinart Food Processor.
Dont try this at home!!!!
Booklet and Recipe PDF – http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81JsYMGdyaS.pdf